Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wet n Wild Burgundy Frost Swatch and Review

Hey everyone!
So for my mani today, I used Wet n Wild's Burgundy Frost (412A). I first saw swatches of it on Vampy Varnish where it looked incredibly gorgeous and glowy, so obviously I went out a snatched it up. First of all, don't let "Frost" in the name intimidate you, as it really isn't frosty at all. Burgundy Frost is a dark burgundy color (DUH) with a bit of shimmer. So on to the swatches!
 Here's a bottle shot of Burgundy Frost in artificial lighting.
 Also artificial lighting. This was 3 coats. It was fully opaque at 2, but I thought that maybe a third would make it glowier. I really love the glassy shine in this picture! *__*
 Another nice shot. It shows the glow it has in artificial light! Oh, and sorry for the really sloppy, uncleaned cuticles.
 Posing with the bottle...... And now let's see what this polish morphs into when you go OUT of the lamp light.....*cue the scary music*
 Once you get into other lighting, BAM! Old lady nails. REALLY disappointing. The color also gets darker. It also loses that lovely glow, which is the reason why I bought it in the first place!!!
 Ugh. At least it still has that mirror-like shine. -__-


So, you can see from the pictures that Burgundy Frost is nice in bright light, but ages me about 40 years in other light. Now I can't decide whether to just take it off, or leave it on and hope for a sunny day. Overall, it's an okay polish, for the price of $0.99. I'll finish the bottle, but will I re-buy? No.

~LML

No comments:

Post a Comment